As believers and as a nation, we are living in changing times. There are challenges on every front. We face an economy that is unstable and unpredictable. Many of you are dealing with tough times at home and at work. As Christians, we need to understand the season we are living in, and we need the wisdom to know what to do as God is molding us into what he wants for our life
Let me recommend three things we need to do as believers in these critical times:
1. BE FEARLESS– God has not called us to live in fear, no matter what conditions surround us. The Lord tells us in Isaiah 41:10- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
-As God’s children, we choose not to walk in fear, but to walk in faith.
– Let’s not let fear overtake us.
-We serve a big God who can do great things. His word is still true and His promises still stand!
2. BE FAITHFUL
Psalm 31:23-24 (NKJV)
23 Oh, love the Lord, all you His saints! For the Lord preserves the faithful,
And fully repays the proud person. 24 Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the Lord.
-Now is not the time to back up, it is the time to step up and be found faithful to God and His work.
-We all need to renew our commitments to daily personal Bible study and prayer, to giving faithfully to God’s work and to coming together weekly for worship and fellowship.
-It takes COURAGE to be faithful to God
The ability to do something that frightens one
Strength in the face of pain or grief
II Timothy 1:7 “God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and
of love, and of a sound mind”
– If it’s from G,od we don’t have to be afraid
3. BE THANKFUL-During difficult days, it would be easy for us to spend our time complaining and displaying an attitude of doubt. But as Christian soldiers of the Most High God, let’s open our mouths and give thanks and praise to Him.
Psalm 9:1-2 says “I will praise You, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.”
-Let us give God the praise that He is due.
-Praising God, regardless of our circumstances, shows Him we trust Him. “Heaven is not in recession.” Remember, all of the promises of God are still true and He is still faithful to those who love Him.
– The Lord has great things in store for us if we live a life full of thanksgiving and praise. Praise is our weapon against discouragement and defeat.
In dark days, God wants us to let our light for Him shine. If we are fearless, faithful and thankful, God will give us many open doors of opportunity to share Him with those in need. It’s no time to retreat. It’s time to step up, press on and advance the Kingdom of God!