Movement : the act or process of moving. Change of place or posture
Isaiah 61:1• 2
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.
• Poor: destitute of property; wanting in material riches or goods; needy
• Brokenhearted: having the spirits depressed or crushed by grief or despair.
• Captive: prisoner: a person who is confined; especially a prisoner of war
• Blind: unable to see
• Bruised: hurt
IT’S TIME FOR A MOVEMENT
John 8:31• 36 (New International Version)
31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”33They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”34Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
IT’S TIME FOR A MOVEMENT• confess those things that are not as though they were
(See the link on website under semon notes for confession scriptures).
The Song of the Civil Rights Movement
(We shall overcome, we shall overcome,
We shall overcome someday;
Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe,
We shall overcome someday.)
+Never confess Worry or frustrations.
1 Corinthians 1: 3. Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
1Peter.5: 7. Casting all your care upon him; for hecareth for you.
+Never confess bondage.
2Corinthians 3:17. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
+Never confess condemnation.
Romans 8:1. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:34. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us
+Never confess financial lack.
Philipians:4:19: But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches
in glory by Christ Jesus.
We are promised in God’s Word that, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
What do you need to confess to the Lord today?
• God says that we must humble ourselves if we want to survive this attack.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t know everything that God knows.
I don’t know how long this attack will last, but God does.
I don’t know how many of you will join in standing up and fighting back, but God does.
I don’t even know how to best defend myself, but God does.
• We need to realize that He knows best, and be humble enough to follow His lead.
We need to be humble enough to realize that we are all being attacked, and we all need each other’s help!!!
IT’S TIME FOR A MOVEMENT….
The Bible says, “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.” (Proverbs 16:18) Are you going to try to fight off the devils minions by yourself, or are we all going to band together and trust the Lord to get us through this?
• Are we going to all do our “own thing”, or are we going to work together to get the victory? The promise of James 4:10 is that if we can humble ourselves enough to submit to God, to draw close to Him, and to confess our sins, he will lift us up and we can successfully resist the devil and his forces.
• Today, I choose to stand up and fight. I am finished with allowing satan to slap me around and to afflict me with depression and discouragement.
• I realize that things may get worse before they get better. There may be more sickness on the way. There might be more rumors of lost jobs. We may open up the church tonight and find that our sound system has been stolen. . . satan may try to throw everything he has at us, but there is something that he can never take away. Read: Romans 8:35 – 39.
IT’S TIME FOR A MOVEMENT